- 170 GRAM PACKAGE OF SGAMBARO’S ATLANTIC COLD SMOKED SALMON
- 4 tbsp low-sodium Soya Sauce, such as Kikkoman’s
- Wasabi – preferably powder, but pre-mixed wasabi paste sold in the tube will work as well
- 2oz finely diced red onion
- Small bunch of fresh chives, diced
- Pickled ginger, for garnish
- Fresh milled black pepper, to taste
- Take the smoked salmon out of the package, and let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- If using wasabi powder, mix with water as per the package directions, prepare and set aside.
- Place 2 tbsp soya sauce on your serving plate and spread to cover the base of the plate using a circular tilting motion, being careful not to touch the rim of the plate.
- Arrange the lox evenly amongst the plate spreading it out in the centre to create a circle.
- Drizzle more soya sauce on top according to your taste, and sprinkle with red onion and chives.
- Garnish edge of plate with a dollop of wasbi and a nice pinch of pickled ginger.
- Finish with freshly milled black pepper to taste
It is important that the lox is room temperature for serving, so be sure to take the lox package out of refrigerator at least 30 minutes prior to plating.